【英语】 Companion to Philosophy of Religion (2nd Edition)

zhaoshi8848

知名会员
书名: Companion to Philosophy of Religion (2nd Edition)
(Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
作者: Charles Taliaferro, Paul Draper, and Philip L. Quinn(Editor)
出版社: Wiley-Blackwell (Apr, 2010)
语言: English
ISBN-10: 1405163577
ISBN-13: 978-1-4051-6357-6
电子书格式:pdf

Product Description:

In 85 new and updated essays, this comprehensive volume provides an authoritative guide to the philosophy of religion.
  • Includes contributions from established philosophers and rising stars 22 new entries have now been added, and all material from the previous edition has been updated and reorganized
  • Broad coverage spans the areas of world religions, theism, atheism, , the problem of evil, science and religion, and ethics
Review (for 1st Edition)

"I must congratulate the editors on the volume. It is very comprehensive - bringing in the different religious traditions of the world and their philosophies, the history of the philosophy of religion, and some of its most modern developments. I think it has got the balance of its articles exactly right, focusing on the modern detailed analytic work, but not neglecting the wider perspective. It is very readable, and the various articles will serve as useful introductions to topics for students; it is a very valuable resource." Professor Swinburne, Oriel College, University of Oxford

<!--end-->"A superb collection! The topics are just right: from the religions of the world and currents in recent philosophy of religion to the theistic conception of God and the justification of theistic belief. The writing is authoritative, but also lively and stimulating. The book will be a valuable reference resource for years to come." Robert L. Arrington, Georgia State University

"Blackwell's Companions to Philosophy have already established themselves as up-to-date and reliable guides to the central fields within the discipline. This present volume which, offers a remarkably wide-ranging survey of philosophy of religion and philosophical theology in crisp and manageable essays by acknowledged authorities, is no exception." The Tablet

"Philip L. Quinn and Charles Taliaferro are to be commended for putting together an excellent resource in philosophy of religion. This is indeed a 'companion', for here one finds wise guides to the study of key issues in the philosophy of religion. This is a volume to refer to again and again. Essay after essay provides food for thought and additions to one's reading list." Paul Reasoner, Bethel Collage
"Another fine addition to the Blackwell Companions of Philosophy series has been published. I consider it a gold mine!" The Review of Metaphysics

http://ifile.it/y7w0sdo

反应: au
顶部